Help & Info
Help & Info
Protecting your privacy
Sunderland Association Football Club Limited (“the Club”) take your privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting your personal data and handling it responsibly.
This policy sets out how the Club uses and looks after the personal information collected from you.
We collect information whenever you interact with us and this interaction includes but is not limited to when you attend a football game or such other event at the Stadium of Light, when you use our website, when you buy a ticket, when you buy merchandise, or just get in touch with us.
You have a right to know about the personal information safcstore.com holds about you. You also have a right to have your data corrected or deleted.
What personal data we hold on you
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that individual can be identified.
We collect, use, store and transfer some personal data of our participants and their parents or guardians, and other Club members.
We are the data controller, responsible for the processing of any personal data you give us.
We take reasonable care to keep your information secure and to prevent any unauthorised access to or use of it.
You provide information about yourself when you register with the Club, and by filling in forms at an event or online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
The information we collect includes:
- Our ticket provider links with our data analytics provider and lets us know if you have bought a ticket for a football game or event.
- Photo or video footage (we will only do this is you are over 13 and we have your consent or you have provided consent by default under the Ground Regulations)
- Track information about attendance at events at the Stadium of Light
- Marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us
- Your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number, gender, and the contact details of a third party in the case of emergency.
- Browser and device information.
- Information about your use of the Club website and social media
- Our access control provider lets us track ticket users
- Our data analytics provides us with insights from data sets about our supporters.
We may also ask for relevant health information, which is classed as special category personal data, for the purposes of your health, wellbeing, welfare and safeguarding.
Where we need to collect personal data to fulfil Club responsibilities and you do not provide that data, we may not be able honour or administer your membership.
Why we need your personal data
We will only use personal data for any purpose for which it has been specifically provided.
The reason we need participants’ and members’ personal data is to be able to run the football club and arrange matches; to administer memberships, and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club.
We process your personal data when necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in the following:
- Analysing your engagement with us to help tailor information we send to you
- Receipts for purchases made
- Legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative matters including using incident reports and CCTV footage to protect the security of spectators and staff and pass information to law enforcement agencies
- Enforce ticket terms and conditions
- Processing job applications
- Responding to comments or complaints
- Checking/verifying credit or debit card details in order to process transactions or prevent fraudulent activity
- Sharing data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events sharing data with third party service or facility providers safeguarding issues and concerns
You have a right to object to any processing that we undertake for our legitimate interests.
We are legally required to process your personal data in cases where we need to comply to a legal obligation to which the Club is subject under UK or EU Law.
This may include:
- Responding to requests by government or law enforcement authorities such as HMRC
- Local council safety requirements to collect CCTV footage.
Performance of a contract
Where we have a contract with you we will rely on the contractual provisions in order to process your personal data.
This may include:
- Sharing data with coaches, managers or officials to run training sessions or enter events
- Organising matches
- Processing membership forms and payments/subs
- Sending out match or Club information and updates
- Sharing data with leagues we are in membership of, county associations and other competition providers for entry in events.
Wherever we rely on consent to process your personal data you can withdraw your consent at any time by writing to us at the email address GDPR@safc.com.
You will have opted-in to receive information about the Club in the form of a newsletter or email and such will contain offers, promotions or information specifically relating to the Club and our commercial partners.
You will have set your preferences on our website or have been talked through it at the point of purchase.
We will only ever send you information you have requested to receive by email, SMS or phone and you can update and/or amend your preferences at any time.
Who we share your data with
We do not pass any of your personal data to outside organisations except the courier DPD, a division of DPDgroup UK Limited, and Fedex for parcel tracking purposes so that they can provide their delivery service.
Protection of your personal data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
Your right regarding your personal data
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time, and will inform you to any changes in how we handle your personal data but we advise that you check by on this page for any changes from time to time.
Policy effective date 21 May 2018. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice then please contact GDPR@safc.com.